A reflection on the feel of Christmas.
When I think of the things that my sense of touch tells me about Christmas, many things come to mind. Let’s list some of them:
- The feel of evergreen needles as you decorate the tree
- The crinkling of paper as a gift is opened
- The feel of the outline of an ornament as it is placed carefully on the tree
- The sticky feel of a candy cane as the wrapper is removed
- The numbness of my fingers as I hang the last light on the roof of the house
- The feel of the straw as a manger scene is put in place
In the proper setting at this special time of year these all remind me of the Christmas story and the tremendous impact it has on our world and on my life personally. As our sense of touch this Season reminds us of Christmas let’s pause and express joy in the Reason for the Season. Perhaps it will even happen as you handle a gift that you are considering buying for someone you love, and you remember the Great Gift we were given.
Paul Wardlaw, elder